MWC W10 17 Jewel Mechanical Military Watch (Non Date) W10B
This W10 was the predecessor to the quartz G10 models introduced in 1979 and still used by the armed forces of today. This model is a slightly updated version of the original 1960/70s model but retains a military specification hand wound movement. The watch is outwardly identical to the original models except that it now has a screw back for easier maintenance - earlier versions were serviced by removing the glass which made servicing impractical except by the manufacturer.
The watch has a heavy stainless steel satin finsh case, it is very robust and tough and built to endure the most extreme of conditions, sweep second hand, black dial and luminous markings with fixed strap bars. This watch is shockproof and water resistant to 3 ATM. For details of water resistance ratings etc go to: MWC FAQ's
Contract markings stamped on the rear of the case.
- Case Diameter: 37mm
- Thickness: 10mm
- Dial Colour: Black
- Case Material: PVD 316L Stainless Steel
- Caseback: 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 3atm (30m) - Glass: Plexiglas (Perspex) - Movement: 17 Jewel handwound mechanical
- Strap: NATO issue strap
- Illumination: Super Luminova
- Illumination: Luminous Paint (the watch carries a T for historical accuracy but no radioactive material is contained within the case) - Glass: Plexiglass / Perspex
- Guarantee 12 months